French wine courses that educate, inspire and entertain
Our courses aren’t what you’ll find in a quick youtube search, and there’s a reason for it – we believe in taking time to understand the foundations of wine.
Now you still may be wondering, why French?
French wine is the international benchmark.
We believe in teaching from the historical birthplace of wine. The French continually reach stratospheric heights in quality and are the benchmark for wine quality internationally.
Focus on foundations.
We base wine education on French foundations so you can understand the wine practices that have been emulated across the globe.
Learn region by region.
It’s proven that learning is better when you focus on one thing at a time. We want you to travel (virtually and in person) region by region, diving deep into the stories of each place.
The magic of learning about wine online is that you are not distracted by the taste. Fun as it is, think of all the multi tasking you do at a wine tasting. From taking in verbal history, learning various grapes & geography, and trying to understand the language from the weight of the wine, acidity, sweetness, and more! Wine tastings are perfect for the focus on taste and online courses allow you to focus and learn the foundations at your own pace. This is the way to take your wine knowledge to the next level.
Wine-enthusiasts who want to take their knowledge to the next level. Our courses are a challenge to take on but they’ll allow you to work out what the pro’s are talking about. Our goal is to help you build your confidence in wine.
This course is for you if you’ve ever:
- Been overwhelmed at a bottle shop
- Dreaded a wine sommelier offering suggestions you didn’t have a clue about
- Had anxiety about what wine to take to your wine buff friends dinner
- Have been disappointed with yourself for coming home with the same old wine from the bottle shop again and because you didn’t want to make a bad choice.
Each regional course covers:
- History – Learn about the long and fascinating history that has shaped the region
- Geography – Explore the intricate dynamics of the land, climate and topography
- Grape Varieties – Learn about the grape varieties in the region
- Vineyard to the cellar – Learn about the winemaking, the harvest, and the different ways to make wine.
- AOC/Ps – The French wine system -Understand the French system of classification of wines based on origin and quality
- Experience the region – Round out your knowledge by looking at traditional and contemporary food to try with the wine.
Have more questions? Get in contact with us, we'd love to answer any questions you have.
Provence Online Course
- Learn about how the well-loved Rosé was created in Provence
- Build a solid foundation of knowledge about wine in Provence
- Receive access to the course for 1 year
- Join the FWS Facebook group for community support & events
- Access exclusive learning resources, maps, menus and other downloadables